Sir Ben Ainslie CBE
Sir Ben Ainslie is the most successful Olympic sailor of all time. At his first ever Olympic Games, aged 19, he won an Olympic silver medal and went on to establish himself as the world’s best by winning consecutive gold medals at the next four Olympic Games.
Fresh from his London 2012 success, Ben turned his focus to the next challenge, competing with Ben Ainslie Racing (BAR) on the 2012/13 America’s Cup World Series. In the summer of 2013, he went on to join ORACLE TEAM USA on-board for their defence of the 34th Cup, helping the American team win the event, 9-8, against Emirates Team New Zealand.
He was an instrumental part in one of the greatest comebacks sport has ever seen, becoming the first Briton, for 110 years, to be part of a winning Cup team.
Now stepping into a new role, as Land Rover BAR Team Principal, Ben will develop and lead a British entry into the 35th America’s Cup, with the aim of bringing the Cup back to Britain where it all began in 1851.
• 2013: Winner of the 34th America’s Cup, San Francisco – USA with ORACLE TEAM USA
• 2013: Broke the ‘Round the Island Race Multihull record’ with J.P. Morgan BAR in the AC45
• London 2012 Olympic Games: Gold Medal
• Beijing 2008 Olympic Games: Gold Medal
• 2007: Winner – Louis Vuitton Cup, Valencia – Spain with Team NZ
• Athens 2004 Olympic Games: Gold Medal
• Sydney 2000 Olympic Games: Gold Medal
• Atlanta 1996 Olympic Games: Silver Medal
• 11 times World Champion
• Nine times European Champion
• Four times World Sailor of the Year